Majors Community

Friday 11 June 2010

BEWARE my dogs might not be as friendly as yours

A favourite blogger of my Mum is Heather Armstrong from http://dooce.com, she recently posted this sign on in her local park due to a situation she encountered whilst walking her dogs. Now, I wasn't planning on telling you guys this, cause Mum says it was so embarrassing but in the same breath she stated how pissed off she was. Here's the scoop.
About two weeks ago Mum and I had a lovely walk in our local park. Not a leash free park, but by a creek. Now occasionally I like to take a dip in the creek, a short swim just for the exercise really and the thing is Mum never lets me off the leash (i have an extra long leash for my swims). So I had my swim and I spied a fluffy Husky who looked like someone I knew. Mum gave me permission to walk up and say hello and I over heard her ask the Husky's man if we could approach to say Hi. Well, once we got the Ok I had a quick sniff greet of said Husky and then you know what happen?
ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE! We were fighting like two cats on heat, Mum was in shock, Husky Man did NOTHING and I got dragged by my lead backwards away from the two FREAKS in the park. I honestly don't know what started it only thing is I guess Husky didn't like me and Mum was really cranky at Husky man for not having a leash on Husky. LEASHES on for a reason people.


Thinking I'll borrow Dooce's sign and post it in the park....Grrrrr
Peace & Love xx Maj

6 comments:

houndstooth said...

Oh goodness! I'm glad nobody got hurt! Some dogs are just cantakerous, I guess. Fortunately you were following the rules and your mom was able to get you out of there!

Bunny

Remington said...

Great sign!

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Oooh, that sounds quite scary. I'm glad that everyone is all right, but that Husky owner should have warned you and certainly should have done something about it once the fight started.

wags, Lola

A MilShelb Mom said...

LOVE the sign! Don't you hate it when people don't follow rules?? Drives our Mom crazy, too!
~Milly and Shelby

JacksDad said...

Well I don't think that is embarrassing at all. I think sometimes dogs can be in a bad mood too and you never think to ask them how they are feeling! I would be angry that the owner didn't do anything to stop them!

Pat Wahler said...

Oh my, that's a scarey story. I hope you weren't hurt!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com